Mims Family Dentistry understands that COVID-19 is having a big impact on everyone’s daily lives; we are monitoring the situation closely and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you many have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are such that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
We always stay abreast of recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for next for your next appointment.
These are only some of the changes we made to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You will also see changes in our clinical protocol with the state and the country transitioning back to full time regular care. We ask all of you for your understanding as we deal with a tremendous backlog of appointments for cleanings, periodontal services and restorative care.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!
Dr. Tom Mims and Team